I feel a little funny celebrating anything, much less a Friday, given the tragedy of Sandy on the East Coast. Many of my friends and family are displaced right now, without water or power. I am intensely frustrated by my inability to help. If anyone knows of ways for us to help the East Coasters from other parts of the country, please let me know. So many are still trapped, running out of gas, food, the list goes on. The only good I can see coming of this, is that perhaps NYC will become a bicycle city like Amsterdam and others.
We did go out and celebrate Halloween here in LA with a vengeance, however. People in LA love this holiday, perhaps more than all others, because it allows for so much fantasy. Set dressing, costumes, makeup! It really is a movie town’s dream come true.
Thank you for contributing to last week’s Allergy-Friendly Halloween roundup! Here are the choice Halloween recipe highlights from the last Allergy Friendly Friday. And remember, they are being featured on my Allergy-Friendly Friday Highlights Pinterest board too, so check them out there, along with other featured allergy-friendly recipes from weeks past.
- Mini Bizcochos de Calabaza (allergy-friendly mini pumpkin cakes) from Cocina Amiga
- Caramel Apples from The Liberated Kitchen
- Allergy-Friendly Halloween Spider Cake from Cooking for Stella
Please add your allergy-free and/or gluten-free recipe links to Allergy-Friendly Friday. PLEASE remember you have to link back from your post, for me to feature your recipe. That means link WITH A HYPERLINK THAT LINKS BACK HERE. When you link back to this post, you can share both your own and everybody else’s.And remember, I specialize in creating gluten-free recipes that are free of the top 8 food allergens, but yours do not have to be. They just have to be allergy-friendly in SOME way.
- One recipe per blogger, please.
- Please link back to this post so your readers can find all the recipes. This is a sharing page.
- Link to your recipe, not to your homepage.
- Recipes do not have to be completely allergen-free, just allergy-friendly in some way.
- When you link, let us know who you are. For example, I might add Allergy-Friendly Halloween Cupcakes (firstname.lastname@example.org)