Happy Friday, Allergy-friendly Folks!
Hope everyone is enjoying these first weeks of spring. Has anyone found anything popping up in their produce section or farmer’s markets of note? I’m waiting eagerly for asparagus and strawberries. I would like to make a plea to all you fabulous cooks out there that we SPRING into ACTION, and start cooking up an allergy-friendly new produce storm.
This ALLERGY FRIENDLY FRIDAY LINKY PARTY WILL RUN FOR TWO WEEKS. I WILL POST THE HIGHLIGHTS ON APRIL 26th, SO LINK AWAY!
I will be in CHICAGO next weekend (Saturday and Sunday 20-21st), at the Gluten and Allergen-Free Expo giving out samples and COUPONS (yay!) for my Cybele’s Free-to-Eat Cookies, so for anyone in the greater Chicago area, please come visit me at booth #218!
Thank you for contributing to the last Allergy-Friendly Friday! Please post your allergy-friendly and/or gluten-free Spring recipes. Or Here are the recipe highlights from the last roundup. Remember, the featured recipes are also being featured on my Allergy-Friendly Friday Highlights Pinterest board, so check them out there, along with other featured allergy-friendly recipes from weeks past. If you have been featured, I encourage you to grab the Allergy Friendly Friday Badge from my right sidebar and share it on your blog, so others know you’ve got a featured recipe on Allergy-Friendly Friday.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies from Hope’s Kitchen
- Cranberry Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies (sensing a theme, here?) from Fox in the Kitchen
- Gluten-Free Zucchini Bread from Plate it Safe
Please add your allergy-free and/or gluten-free recipe links to Allergy-Friendly Friday. PLEASE remember you have to link back from your post, for me to feature your recipe. That means link WITH A HYPERLINK THAT LINKS BACK HERE. When you link back to this post, you can share both your own and everybody else’s.And remember, I specialize in creating gluten-free recipes that are free of the top 8 food allergens, but yours do not have to be. They just have to be allergy-friendly in SOME way.
- Please link back to this post so your readers can find all the recipes. This is a sharing page.
- Link to your recipe, not to your homepage.
- Recipes do not have to be completely allergen-free, just allergy-friendly in some way.
- When you link, let us know who you are. For example, I might add Allergy-Friendly Halloween Cupcakes (email@example.com)
This week, I had the pleasure of a visit from Lori Corbin – The Food Coach from ABC7 here in LA. I’ve been hoping The Food Coach would pay me a visit since my last book, so was really thrilled when I got the call that Lori was coming over to check out my new Allergy-Friendly Asian recipes for Chinese New Year, from my new book Allergy-Free and Easy Cooking. For more about the interview, and the recipes featured in this video, plus tips on how to celebrate an allergy-free Chinese New Year, please see the article here.
To purchase, or find out more, Allergy-Free and Easy Cooking
TGIAFF, right? I’m ready to sleep in for a couple of days. And eat some comfort foods. February really is comfort food month, isn’t it? What’s your favorite comfort food? Mine is Shepherd’s Pie. (I’ve got a great new 30 minute Shepherd’s Pie recipe coming to you in my new book, btw) Let’s make the theme of this week’s Allergy Friendly Friday COMFORT FOODS. Allergy-free and/or gluten-free comfort foods. Bring on what you got! I want to sit in front of my TV and eat it!
Thanks for all your great recipe links this past week! I am putting on my nagging hat for a moment: Some great recipes were posted last week, that I would have LOVED to feature, but there were no hyperlinks back to Allergy Friendly Friday. Please remember that for me to feature your recipe, it has to link back to AFF. Okay, nagging hat is coming off again. Some great gluten-free and/or allergy-friendly recipes from last week’s Allergy-Friendly Friday roundup were:
- Spinach Artichoke Dip from Gluten-Free Cat
- Baked Garlic Tomato Salmon (I’m allergic to salmon, not severely, but enough so that I can’t eat it anymore. This has been the hardest of my food allergies for me to live with. I love salmon. This recipe looks beautiful!) from The Liberated Kitchen
- Leslie and Rick’s Homemade Yogurt (the name amused me!) from Sensitive Economist
- Gluten-Free Banana Oatmeal Muffins from PeanutButter, Passports, and Epinephrine (more…)