I just looked at the calendar, and realized, it’s one week away from my birthday. EEK! Time for reassessment of life goals: am I where I want to be; how can I be better (or “betterer”, as my teacher, the great playwright Marsha Norman used to say); how can I achieve more balance in my life? Oh, screw all that, the real question is, “What do I want to eat for my birthday?!”
When I was a kid, my brother and I shared a birthday party, since our birthdays were only two weeks apart. We would throw a big shindig picnic party, and my mother would make Southern Fried Chicken (the kind you shake up in a big paper bag), a Mahogany Fudge Cake for me, and an Orange Layer Cake for my brother Dylan. Then we would make homemade strawberry and vanilla ice cream with the old fashioned ice-cream maker, where you surround the tub with salt, and crank it. My dad was in charge of that part of the party, and it was always a big hit with the kids. And that’s still my idea of a bang-up party, and the ideal birthday meal.
I will be traveling across the country next Friday, so I think it would be fun to have Allergy-Friendly Friday go for two weeks this round. LET’S HAVE A TWO WEEK VIRTUAL BIRTHDAY PARTY! Please feel free to post two recipes, since it’s running two weeks. I’ll follow up with highlights on May 4th. And here’s the theme: For Allergy-Friendly Friday these next two weeks, let’s post BIRTHDAY THEMED RECIPES. ANYTHING YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY OR WOULD MAKE FOR SOMEBODY ELSE. BRING ON YOUR BEST ALLERGY-FRIENDLY, AND/OR GLUTEN-FREE BIRTHDAY RECIPES. IT’S THE BIRTHDAY RECIPE ROUNDUP!
Thanks for your flexibility last week, allowing me to host Allergy-Friendly Saturday, for once. A little change is good, sometimes! This week’s Allergy-Friendly Friday roundup highlights were:
- Grain-Free Sponge Cake from Gluten-Free SCD and Veggie
- Carrot Smoothie from Homespun with Love
- Super Simple Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls from Veggie V’s Vegan Adventure
- Homemade Tomato Sauce from The Fussiest Eater
Please add your allergy-free and/or gluten-free recipe links to Allergy-Friendly Friday. PLEASE remember you have to link back from your post, for me to feature your recipe. That means link WITH A HYPERLINK THAT LINKS BACK HERE. When you link back to this post, you can share both your own and other’s fabulous allergy-friendly recipes. Am I repeating myself? 🙂 And remember, I specialize in creating gluten-free recipes that are free of the top 8 food allergens, but yours don’t have to be. They just have to be allergy-friendly in SOME way.
ALLERGY-FRIENDLY FRIDAY LINK GUIDELINES: PLEASE READ!
- Please LINK back to this post so that your readers can find ALL the recipes linked to here. This is a sharing page.
- Link to your individual recipe post, NOT your homepage.
- Recipes DO NOT have to be completely allergen-free, just “ALLERGY-FRIENDLY” in some way.
- When you link, let us know who you are. For example, I might add old fashioned gingersnaps (cybele @cybelepascal.com)