First, the updates. Last weekend, I taught an allergy-free baking class at the FAAN conference in Baltimore, and was thrilled to see a packed house, and so many enthusiastic new allergen-free cooks. The Q & A was fantastic, and I had a blast demoing the alchemy of baking without gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, tree nuts and peanuts.
For those of you in the Chicago area, I encourage you to come take my class “Comfort Foods to Warm Your Soul” where I’ll teach you how to make an allergen-free cream sauce, homemade Mac n’ Cheese, and Red Velvet Cake, all top 8-Free and Gluten-Free. My class is on Saturday, April 30th, from 3-4, at the Gluten & Allergen-Free Expo. I will also be signing copies of my Allergen-Free Baker’s Handbook both Saturday and Sunday at the Vendor Fair, for the slamming price of only $15! This is $10 dollars LESS than in stores, and even cheaper than Amazon, because you don’t have to pay shipping.
I cannot recommend this Cooking and Vendor Expo highly enough. If you ever wanted to learn more about cooking gluten-free and/or allergy-free, this is the place to be. A one day ticket gets you a full days worth of classes with the best GF/AF experts in the country. Check out this list of presenters! These are truly the rock stars of this industry, all in one place on one weekend. You also get a pass to the vendor fair, where you’ll find all the best new allergen-free gluten-free products, and you’ll get a free collection of all the recipes being taught by all the superstar cooks over the weekend.
Next, on to Allergy Friendly Friday! Thanks so much for all the GREAT contributions. We are really helping to raise the profile of Allergy-Free Blogging here. Please bring on the Passover and Easter recipe links!
And remember, I specialize in creating gluten-free recipes that are free of the top 8 food allergens, but yours don’t have to be. They just have to be allergy-friendly in SOME way.
Once again, the recipes from last Friday were all amazing. But I need to ask you again, PLEASE LINK BACK TO THIS POST, FROM YOUR POST, WITH A HYPERLINK. THIS IS A SHARING PAGE, AND I EXPECT YOU TO SHARE THE LINK WITH YOUR READERS SO THAT THEY TOO CAN FIND THE OTHER BLOGGERS RECIPES ON THIS PAGE. IF YOU DON’T LINK BACK, I WILL HAVE TO STOP FEATURING YOUR RECIPES, and that would be sad. 🙁 That being said, a few of the fantabulous highlights were:
- Roast Chicken with Savory Vegetables from Elegantly Gluten-Free
- hamburguesas rellanas con chiles from Cardamom and Cast Iron
- Lemon Flower Tarts from Safe and Yummy
- Lemon Thyme Olive Oil Tea Cake from Chew on This!
- Sicilian Roasted Cauliflower with Penne from The Intolerant Gourmet
ALLERGY-FRIENDLY FRIDAY LINK GUIDELINES: PLEASE READ!
- Please add only ONE post per blog.
- Please LINK back to this post so that your readers can find ALL the recipes linked to here. This is a sharing page.
- Link to your individual recipe post, NOT your homepage.
- Recipes DO NOT have to be completely allergen-free, just ALLERGY-FRIENDLY in some way.
- When you link, let us know who you are. For example, I might add Sopa de Lima(cybele @Cybele Pascal: Allergen-Free Cuisine)