Allergy Friendly St. Patrick’s Day 3/16/12
Happy St. Patrick’s Day weekend! I see a lot of festivities coming our way in the next 48 hours. Sadly, it’s raining here in LA, which means the Irish Dance concert at my boys’ school is certain to be cancelled (it was going to be held outside). But I’m sure there is lots more fun stuff happening for them today. What are you planning for this weekend to play with the leprechauns?
Thanks for quickly sharing so many allergy-free and/or gluten-free links this past week. I’ve chosen to feature the St. Patrick Day themed recipes.
Some great gluten-free and/or allergy-friendly St. Patrick’s Day recipes from this week’s Allergy-Friendly Friday roundup were:
- St. Patrick’s Pot Roast with Guinness from Allergy-Free Vintage Cookery
- Broccoli and Coconut Soup (it’s GREEN!) from The Fussiest Eater
- GF Dubbel Dark Chocolate Cake and Ganache (Guinness-like Cake — Hey, where’d you get that Gluten-Free Dubbel Ale?????) from The Fox in the Kitchen
- Sunny Buttons (made from Sunbutter, these look like leprechaun gold. I’m going to share the pic since it didn’t post below) from Jazzy Allergy Recipes
Allergy Free Green Juice for St. Patrick’s Day
It’s St. Patrick’s Day this weekend, and that means all things GREEN! Luckily for us, OMEGA Juicers sent me along these gorgeous green juice recipes. Best of all, they are Allergy-Friendly, and Gluten-Free. Instead of green beer, or artificially colored green cupcakes, how about sipping on an uber-healthy all natural green smoothie this year? Great for the kids, and packed with natural ingredients and essential nutrients to help keep you energized and healthy.
Juicing is a great way to take in valuable nutrients without having your body word hard to break down the fibers. Through juicing, the food value is readily available to your body in larger quantities then when you eat the fruit whole. The benefits of consuming juiced fruits and veggies include keeping your heart, liver and kidneys strong and healthy.
Here are a few Green Juice recipes from OMEGA Juicers. To make these juices, just put the ingredients through your juicer and pour!
Orange Apple Green Juice
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 apple
- 2 oranges
- 3 big handfuls of sunflower sprouts
- 1 big handful of broccoli sprouts
- 3 leaves of kale
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 handful dandelion greens
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1 handful beet greens
- 2 baby bok choy
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 inch of grated ginger
Allergy Friendly Friday 12/2/11
Allergy Friendly Friday
My Mother-in-Law died this week, after a 14 year battle against breast cancer. She was the strongest woman I have ever known, and one of most wonderful. She loved Fridays, and would be the first to say, “Thank God it’s Friday!” and pour out a round of vodka cranberries. She also loved wine, and worked for many years as a wine importer, until the chemo killed her taste for it. As I mentioned on my facebook page, my Mother-in-Law, Wendy also had a passion for time-saver gadgets, and was always showering me with them as gifts. She watched QVC for relaxation, and was the first one onto the Vidalia Chop Wizard craze, any kind of slice it and dice it tool, and don’t even get me started on the Snuggies! So, as mentioned, I’m dedicating my next cookbook, “Allergy-Free and Easy Cooking” to my darling Mother-in-Law, Wendy, because without her and her time-saver gadgets, it never would have been possible.
This week, if you have quick and easy recipes, please link to them. Or, feel free to start posting for the next round of holidays. Doesn’t it seem that there’s a new one round every corner? And speaking of, thank you for the lovely Thanksgiving themed recipe links! Some fabulous highlights from the past two weeks are:
- Two Ingredient Pumpkin Bread with Apple Cider Glaze from the Real Food, Allergy Free
- Butternut Squash & Spinach Cannelloni from Gluten Free SCD and Veggie
- A Perfect Thanksgiving Stuffing from Tessa Domestic Diva
- “The Day After” from Homegrown Beanes
Please add your links to Allergy-Friendly Friday. PLEASE remember you have to link back from your post, for me to feature your recipe. That means link WITH A HYPERLINK THAT LINKS BACK HERE. When you link back to this post, you can share both your own and other’s fabulous allergy-friendly recipes. Am I repeating myself? 🙂 And remember, I specialize in creating gluten-free recipes that are free of the top 8 food allergens, but yours don’t have to be. They just have to be allergy-friendly in SOME way.
ALLERGY-FRIENDLY FRIDAY LINK GUIDELINES: PLEASE READ!
- Please add only ONE post per blog.
- Please LINK back to this post so that your readers can find ALL the recipes linked to here. This is a sharing page.
- Link to your individual recipe post, NOT your homepage.
- Recipes DO NOT have to be completely allergen-free, just ALLERGY-FRIENDLY in some way.
- When you link, let us know who you are. For example, I might add old fashioned gingersnaps (cybele @cybelepascal.com)