It’s Saturday. I like to mix it up over here at Allergy Friendly Friday, by making Friday into SATURDAY. We can do whatever we want, right? It’s summer.
I thought I’d share a little anecdote with you. I’m wondering how many others out there have had a similar experience? I had a serious moment of weakness this past week.
PMS + FOOD ALLERGY = Tears
That’s right, I cried because I couldn’t eat salmon. A moment of total self pity. My family and I were at a restaurant. It was “Salmon Monday”. They had a million salmon offerings. Everyone else in my family can eat salmon. I can’t. I love salmon. But I’m allergic to it. I started crying.
I thought, “this is insane, I’m weeping over salmon”. Then I realized, I had pms. Which doesn’t actually make the true feelings any less real, it just takes the filter off, and I spiral into revealing them.
As you know if you’ve followed my writing, I am a glass half-full type of girl. It’s all about what you CAN eat, not about what you can’t. But last monday, the glass cracked, just for a little while, and I desperately wanted some salmon.
What food could bring you to tears? I’m curious what you all are missing? Please let me know in a comment.
But back to ALL THAT WE ARE NOT MISSING! There is a garden of plenty, particularly these summer months with such amazing produce everywhere you turn. Thanks for sharing. Just to remind everyone, I’m doing a new thing with my top weekly picks from Allergy Friendly Friday. I’m sharing my weekly picks on Pinterst too. See here, where I’ve featured this week’s top picks, and last week’s on my new ALLERGY FRIENDLY FRIDAY HIGHLIGHTS pin board.
Here are a few choice recipe highlights from last week’s Allergy Friendly Friday (on Saturday)
- Mexican Quinoa Salad from Tessa the Domestic Diva
- Chocolate Chip Granola Sunbutter Cookie Sandwiches from Nom Yum & Free
- Simple Summer Stir-Fry from Green Vegan Living
- Chamomile Cantaloupe Smoothie from Sweet Roots
Please add your allergy-free and/or gluten-free recipe links to Allergy-Friendly Friday. PLEASE remember you have to link back from your post, for me to feature your recipe. That means link WITH A HYPERLINK THAT LINKS BACK HERE. When you link back to this post, you can share both your own and other’s fabulous allergy-friendly recipes. Am I repeating myself? 🙂 And remember, I specialize in creating gluten-free recipes that are free of the top 8 food allergens, but yours don’t have to be. They just have to be allergy-friendly in SOME way.
ALLERGY-FRIENDLY FRIDAY LINK GUIDELINES: PLEASE READ!
- One post per blogger.
- Please LINK back to this post so that your readers can find ALL the recipes linked to here. This is a sharing page.
- Link to your individual recipe post, NOT your homepage.
- Recipes DO NOT have to be completely allergen-free, just “ALLERGY-FRIENDLY” in some way.
- When you link, let us know who you are. For example, I might add old fashioned gingersnaps (cybele @cybelepascal.com)