I don’t weigh myself. I haven’t in over a year. I find it’s torturous and puts too much focus on numbers instead of a state of being. I go by how I feel. There are many benefits to not weighing oneself. It frees up time. It saves you money, not buying a scale or batteries. It cuts out angst. Vagary is good. Until, you find, oh, say, yesterday, that not only do you not fit into your jeans, you don’t even fit into your fat jeans anymore. I’ve been doing another sneaky thing, here in Southern Cali… I wear sun dresses. This is very convenient for enforcing a state of denial. I had no idea my butt no longer fit in pants. I’m all free an flowy and feel fabulous in my dresses.
This is not a diet blog. I don’t even like the word diet. I’m like Garfield the Cat. I think of diet as the word “die” with a “t”.
However, something has to be done. And that something, my friends, is cutting out sugar. I mean it this time. A couple weeks ago I broke my no-sugar-for-a-week diet by 10:30 AM on Monday. But now, I’m getting serious. Vanity, and an interest in not developing diabetes, among many other health issues, is fueling my resolve. I still won’t be weighing myself, but I am on a mission to fit into my fat jeans again. So can you please all join me?
Please help me in my QUEST TO FIT INTO MY FAT JEANS. Please post Allergy-Friendly and/or Gluten-Free Sugar-Free recipes this week. Please, please, please.
But as a sendoff to my love of sugary sweets, here are my highlights from the past two weeks of Allergy Friendly Friday.
- Galletas integrales con dátiles from Cocina Amiga
- Vegan Coffee Ice Cream (which actually is sugar-free! yay, i can eat it!) from Laura’s Gluten-Free Pantry
- Chocolate Chip Pie (no nuts) from Recipes we Love
- Marhsmallow Crack from Dandelions on the Wall
Please add your allergy-free and/or gluten-free recipe links to Allergy-Friendly Friday. PLEASE remember you have to link back from your post, for me to feature your recipe. That means link WITH A HYPERLINK THAT LINKS BACK HERE. When you link back to this post, you can share both your own and other’s fabulous allergy-friendly recipes. Am I repeating myself? And remember, I specialize in creating gluten-free recipes that are free of the top 8 food allergens, but yours don’t have to be. They just have to be allergy-friendly in SOME way.
ALLERGY-FRIENDLY FRIDAY LINK GUIDELINES: PLEASE READ!
- One post per blogger.
- Please LINK back to this post so that your readers can find ALL the recipes linked to here. This is a sharing page.
- Link to your individual recipe post, NOT your homepage.
- Recipes DO NOT have to be completely allergen-free, just “ALLERGY-FRIENDLY” in some way.
- When you link, let us know who you are. For example, I might add old fashioned gingersnaps (cybele @cybelepascal.com)