Happy St. Patrick’s Day weekend! I see a lot of festivities coming our way in the next 48 hours. Sadly, it’s raining here in LA, which means the Irish Dance concert at my boys’ school is certain to be cancelled (it was going to be held outside). But I’m sure there is lots more fun stuff happening for them today. What are you planning for this weekend to play with the leprechauns?
Thanks for quickly sharing so many allergy-free and/or gluten-free links this past week. I’ve chosen to feature the St. Patrick Day themed recipes.
Some great gluten-free and/or allergy-friendly St. Patrick’s Day recipes from this week’s Allergy-Friendly Friday roundup were:
- St. Patrick’s Pot Roast with Guinness from Allergy-Free Vintage Cookery
- Broccoli and Coconut Soup (it’s GREEN!) from The Fussiest Eater
- GF Dubbel Dark Chocolate Cake and Ganache (Guinness-like Cake — Hey, where’d you get that Gluten-Free Dubbel Ale?????) from The Fox in the Kitchen
- Sunny Buttons (made from Sunbutter, these look like leprechaun gold. I’m going to share the pic since it didn’t post below) from Jazzy Allergy Recipes
It’s St. Patrick’s Day this weekend, and that means all things GREEN! Luckily for us, OMEGA Juicers sent me along these gorgeous green juice recipes. Best of all, they are Allergy-Friendly, and Gluten-Free. Instead of green beer, or artificially colored green cupcakes, how about sipping on an uber-healthy all natural green smoothie this year? Great for the kids, and packed with natural ingredients and essential nutrients to help keep you energized and healthy.
Juicing is a great way to take in valuable nutrients without having your body word hard to break down the fibers. Through juicing, the food value is readily available to your body in larger quantities then when you eat the fruit whole. The benefits of consuming juiced fruits and veggies include keeping your heart, liver and kidneys strong and healthy.
Here are a few Green Juice recipes from OMEGA Juicers. To make these juices, just put the ingredients through your juicer and pour!
Orange Apple Green Juice
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 apple
- 2 oranges
- 3 big handfuls of sunflower sprouts
- 1 big handful of broccoli sprouts
- 3 leaves of kale
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 handful dandelion greens
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1 handful beet greens
- 2 baby bok choy
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 inch of grated ginger