UPDATE: PLEASE NOTE THAT ALLERGY FRIENDLY FRIDAY WILL BE UPDATED AFTER TWO WEEKS, JUST THIS ONE TIME, WHILE I’M IN TEXAS, SO KEEP ADDING YOUR LINKS!
Allergy Friendly Friday
On Wednesday, I participated in a charity event with Frigidaire and Jennifer Garner for Save the Children, called “Talk Turkey”. Suzanne Goin, chef/owner of not one, but TWO of my favorite restaurants in the whole world (A.O.C. and Lucques) did a Thanksgiving Cooking demo for us. Here she is holding a slice of her Pumpkin Streusel Cake. It’s sort of a pie-like cake, so she called it a “P’Cake”. She was as lovely as her food is. Here’s a closeup of the P’Cake with crème fraîche and maple ice cream, drizzled with maple syrup.
Unfortunately, I could not sample this gorgeous dessert because of my nut allergies, but the recipe is here for those who can. I will be blogging more about this fantastic charity event, with video, and pics of Jennifer and Suzanne, and the awesome posse of Mom/Food Bloggers. I will be giving you details on how you can help Frigidaire donate to Save the Children, and how you can be entered into the drawing to win one of their brand new super charged double ovens (it blew my mind!). Stay tuned in the next couple of days.
And speaking of blowing my mind, check out the posts from last week! A few highlights from last week’s Allergy Friendly Friday were:
- Pulled Chicken Salad with Lime Cilantro Dressing (I’m drooling as I write this) from Gluten Free Easily (GFE)
- Pakistani Beef Curry (can you tell I’m really really hungry?) from Whole New Mom
- Green Beans with Tomatoes Olives and Eggs from Plan to Eat
- Cinnamon Raisin Bread from Allergy Free Cooking
As always, PLEASE remember you have to link back from your post, for me to feature your recipe! WITH A HYPERLINK THAT LINKS BACK HERE! Please add your links for this week. Please link back to this post so you can share both your own and other’s fabulous allergy-friendly recipes. And remember, I specialize in creating gluten-free recipes that are free of the top 8 food allergens, but yours don’t have to be. They just have to be allergy-friendly in SOME way.
ALLERGY-FRIENDLY FRIDAY LINK GUIDELINES: PLEASE READ!
- Please add only ONE post per blog.
- Please LINK back to this post so that your readers can find ALL the recipes linked to here. This is a sharing page.
- Link to your individual recipe post, NOT your homepage.
- Recipes DO NOT have to be completely allergen-free, just ALLERGY-FRIENDLY in some way.
- When you link, let us know who you are. For example, I might add old fashioned gingersnaps (cybele @cybelepascal.com)