Allergy Friendly Friday
I don’t know exactly what to post today. It’s the Friday before the 10 year anniversary of 9/11, a day that will forever be ingrained in our cultural consciousness. I remember it vividly, being very pregnant with my first child, Lennon, being in NY, watching it on TV in horror, wanting to protect my unborn child. After watching the towers fall, I went upstairs and methodically cleaned out my office, going through the filing cabinets and boxes, getting rid of everything that was no longer necessary or needed, trying desperately to create some sense of order in a disordered world. I cleared out all my things to prepare the office for its transition to a nursery. My son is a 9/11 baby, he came into the world when it was in a state of chaos, and I know that it’s informed my intense need to protect him. Both my sons, in fact.
My other son Monte starts baseball today. I’m excited about that, but he’s broken both arms over the past few years, and is a perpetual klutz. He’s large and growing so fast he doesn’t know the perimeters of his own body. So, I will take him to his first practice with a tiny bit of trepidation, as he’s bound to hurt himself at some point. But that’s how they learn and grow, it’s the only way. I can’t shield and protect them forever.
But I can feed them well! In the midst of my morose 9/11 mood, I was cheered last night to watch my sons devour the allergy-free Buffalo Wings and the Twice Baked Potatoes that are both recipes for my next book. It brings comfort to feed your family well, doesn’t it? What do you make for your loved ones to bring comfort or show love? I’d love to hear about it from you too.
Highlights from last week’s Allergy Friendly Friday were:
- Lentil Cookies from Saffron Crush
- Grape Cake from Carolynn’s Recipe Box
- Autumn Spice Rice Pudding from Welcoming Kitchen
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins from Veggie V’s Vegan Adventure
Thanks so much for linking up so nicely last week, everyone! As always, PLEASE remember you have to link back from your post, for me to feature your recipe! WITH A HYPERLINK THAT LINKS BACK HERE! Please add your links for this week. Please link back to this post so you can share both your own and other’s fabulous allergy-friendly recipes. And remember, I specialize in creating gluten-free recipes that are free of the top 8 food allergens, but yours don’t have to be. They just have to be allergy-friendly in SOME way.
ALLERGY-FRIENDLY FRIDAY LINK GUIDELINES: PLEASE READ!
- Please add only ONE post per blog.
- Please LINK back to this post so that your readers can find ALL the recipes linked to here. This is a sharing page.
- Link to your individual recipe post, NOT your homepage.
- Recipes DO NOT have to be completely allergen-free, just ALLERGY-FRIENDLY in some way.
- When you link, let us know who you are. For example, I might add Cherry Oat Scones (cybele @cybelepascal.com)