I’m a mother. You probably already know that if you are reading this post. I am the mother of two wonderful boys, Lennon and Monte. And my primary identity is as a mother. First and foremost, that’s what I am.
But on Mother’s Day, I don’t think about myself, and my motherhood. I think about my mother, Susanna. I think of myself as the child, and my mother is the object of celebration.
My mother is turning 70 this year, the day after Mother’s Day. She is coming to visit me. I’m very happy to be able to share both Mother’s Day and her big birthday with her this year. Usually, she’s back East, and I’m here in LA. My mind is already turning, with “What are we going to eat, to celebrate?” I think I will make her a Key Lime pie. I don’t do this very often, because as they say, juicing Key Limes is like milking a mouse. But for my mother, I’ll bust out the old glass juicer, and squeeze those little key limes dry.
What will you be making for Mother’s Day this year? Calling all Allergy-Friendly and/or Gluten-Free Mother’s Day treats!
Thank you for contributing to the last two weeks of Allergy-Friendly Friday! SOMETHING A LITTLE SAD HAS BEEN HAPPENING, THOUGH. A LOT OF YOU, WHO HAVE GORGEOUS RECIPES THAT I’D LIKE TO BE ABLE TO FEATURE, AREN’T LINKING BACK. YOU MUST LINK BACK TO THIS SITE TO BE FEATURED. IT’S A SHARING PARTY
Here are the recipe highlights from the last roundup. Remember, the featured recipes are also being featured on my Allergy-Friendly Friday Highlights Pinterest board, so check them out there, along with other featured allergy-friendly recipes from weeks past. If you have been featured, I encourage you to grab the Allergy Friendly Friday Badge from my right sidebar and share it on your blog, so others know you’ve got a featured recipe on Allergy-Friendly Friday.
- Zucchini Pizza Appetizers from Allergy-Free Vintage Cookery
- Meat Cake from A Life Unprocessed
- Easy Cauliflower Crust Pizza from Sandi’s Allergy Free Recipes
Please add your allergy-free and/or gluten-free recipe links to Allergy-Friendly Friday. PLEASE remember you have to link back from your post, for me to feature your recipe. That means link WITH A HYPERLINK THAT LINKS BACK HERE. When you link back to this post, you can share both your own and everybody else’s.And remember, I specialize in creating gluten-free recipes that are free of the top 8 food allergens, but yours do not have to be. They just have to be allergy-friendly in SOME way.
- Please link back to this post so your readers can find all the recipes. This is a sharing page.
- Link to your recipe, not to your homepage.
- Recipes do not have to be completely allergen-free, just allergy-friendly in some way.
- When you link, let us know who you are. For example, I might add Allergy-Friendly Halloween Cupcakes (firstname.lastname@example.org) (more…)
vote by clicking here and clicking the “vote” button
A couple of updates. Carl the turtle still doesn’t swim. And I’m 99.9% sure Carl is a girl. My son Lennon’s nose is healing. It’s amazing how fast the little ones bodies mend! My cookies are rolling along and I’m keeping fingers crossed they’ll be in stores by the summer. It takes as long as it takes, right? I hope you all are enjoying the spring! I know the spring flowers are bringing me so much joy. Oh yeah, one more thing, Obama’s helicopter flew over our house last night on the way to George Clooney’s for a big fundraiser dinner. That was very exciting, for some reason that I can’t quite put my finger on. It’s not like a saw him or anything, but somehow the presence of the president’s helicopter roaring right over our little house made me feel like a child in wonder.
Thanks again for sharing your recipe links here. It was nice to see some new faces in the roundup! Some highlights from last week’s Allergy-Friendly Friday were:
- Vegan Salty Oat Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies from Nom Yum and Free
- Raw Berry Crumble from Sweet & Healthy Living
- Vegan Morning Glory Muffins (recipe from AFBH — wow, thanks for the lovely props and post — your pics are gorgeous!) from Homespun with Love
- Easy Handmade Mother’s Day Gifts Galore from The Better Mom (more…)
Allergy Friendly Friday
With Mother’s Day just around the corner, I think it’s only fitting that we post allergy-free and/or gluten-free recipes this week that were either inspired by our mothers, or that we’d want to make for our mother for Mother’s Day. Or, perhaps a recipe that you’d like your loved ones to make for YOU this mothers day? How about that for a novel idea?!
There were some great celebratory recipe links last week (doesn’t it seem as though we are always celebrating something around here?!). I feel like eating:
- Banana Chocolate Chip Oat Muffins from Real Food, Allergy Free
- Grapefruit Yogurt Cake from Live Free, Gluten Free
- Beef and Cabbage Stew from A Mom on a Mission
- Lemon Polenta Cake from gluten free by nature
- Apricot Glazed Chicken with Quinoa Dressing from Plan to Eat
There were others I’d love to have featured, but remember you have to link back from your post, for me to feature your recipe! Please add your links for this week. Please link back to this post so you can share both your own and other’s fabulous allergy-friendly recipes. And remember, I specialize in creating gluten-free recipes that are free of the top 8 food allergens, but yours don’t have to be. They just have to be allergy-friendly in SOME way.