Allergy Friendly Friday 12/30/11
Allergy Friendly Friday
(Happy New Year!)
I can’t believe we’re at the end of another year! How time flies. My kids want to go watch the ball drop in Times Square tomorrow night. I don’t think so. I much prefer watching all those throngs of people on TV. However, I do believe Justin Bieber is going to be performing, so maybe I’ll suck it up and do the kids a really big favor. But wait, Lady Gaga is performing too, which means quadruple throngs of people, which means I’m back to plan A, making cookies, and watching it on TV. What will you be doing tomorrow night? And do you have any special New Years allergy-friendly food traditions? My mom always made a roast, when I was growing up, but I really only liked the Yorkshire pudding part of that meal. One of these days, we’ll have to devise an allergy-friendly Yorkshire pudding.
Which leads me to the following: Allergy-Friendly recipe highlights from last week’s Allergy-Friendly Friday roundup were
- Mashed Cauliflower Potatoes from the Sensitive Economist
- Christmas Day Pork Roast from Homegrown Beanes
- A Long Lost Holiday Panettone (lovely!) from Peanut Butter, Passports, and Epinephrine
- Chocolate Crackle Cookies from Everything Reconsidered
Please add your allery-free and gluten-free New Years recipe links to Allergy-Friendly Friday. PLEASE remember you have to link back from your post, for me to feature your recipe. That means link WITH A HYPERLINK THAT LINKS BACK HERE. When you link back to this post, you can share both your own and other’s fabulous allergy-friendly recipes. Am I repeating myself? 🙂 And remember, I specialize in creating gluten-free recipes that are free of the top 8 food allergens, but yours don’t have to be. They just have to be allergy-friendly in SOME way.
ALLERGY-FRIENDLY FRIDAY LINK GUIDELINES: PLEASE READ!
- Please add only ONE post per blog.
- Please LINK back to this post so that your readers can find ALL the recipes linked to here. This is a sharing page.
- Link to your individual recipe post, NOT your homepage.
- Recipes DO NOT have to be completely allergen-free, just ALLERGY-FRIENDLY in some way.
- When you link, let us know who you are. For example, I might add old fashioned gingersnaps (cybele @cybelepascal.com)
[…] Joy of Desserts, Miz Helen’s Country Cottage, Food Trip Friday, Sweet as Sugar Cookies and Cybele Pascal Allergen-Free Cuisine. GA_googleAddAttr("AdOpt", "1"); GA_googleAddAttr("Origin", "other"); […]
Thank you, Cybele, for highlighting my mashed potatoes with cauliflower. Adding turnip is another way to get even more nutrition into this dish. Best wishes for a happy and healthy new year!
Happy New Year to you and your family! The sundae recipe I have posted is ideal for a quick dessert if you have any cranberry sauce and cake leftover from Christmas…
Hi Cybele! Thank you so much for featuring my Rum-Glazed Cherry Cake (The long, lost holiday panettone). Today I’ve shared my son’s favorite Roasted Red Pepper Soup. And good choice on plan A. Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber crowds will be absolutely insane. Much better view on tv, anyway! Have a wonderful new year!
[…] Allergy Friendly Friday hosted by Cybele Pascal […]