TGIAFF, right? I’m ready to sleep in for a couple of days. And eat some comfort foods. February really is comfort food month, isn’t it? What’s your favorite comfort food? Mine is Shepherd’s Pie. (I’ve got a great new 30 minute Shepherd’s Pie recipe coming to you in my new book, btw) Let’s make the theme of this week’s Allergy Friendly Friday COMFORT FOODS. Allergy-free and/or gluten-free comfort foods. Bring on what you got! I want to sit in front of my TV and eat it!
Thanks for all your great recipe links this past week! I am putting on my nagging hat for a moment: Some great recipes were posted last week, that I would have LOVED to feature, but there were no hyperlinks back to Allergy Friendly Friday. Please remember that for me to feature your recipe, it has to link back to AFF. Okay, nagging hat is coming off again. Some great gluten-free and/or allergy-friendly recipes from last week’s Allergy-Friendly Friday roundup were:
- Spinach Artichoke Dip from Gluten-Free Cat
- Baked Garlic Tomato Salmon (I’m allergic to salmon, not severely, but enough so that I can’t eat it anymore. This has been the hardest of my food allergies for me to live with. I love salmon. This recipe looks beautiful!) from The Liberated Kitchen
- Leslie and Rick’s Homemade Yogurt (the name amused me!) from Sensitive Economist
- Gluten-Free Banana Oatmeal Muffins from PeanutButter, Passports, and Epinephrine (more…)
Happy Friday! I’m off to San Francisco today, to spend the weekend shooting for my new cookbook, Allergy-Free & Easy Cooking. I’m working with the same lovely team that shot and styled the Allergen-Free Baker’s Handbook; Chugrad McAndrews (photographer), Karen Shinto (food stylist), and Leigh Noe (prop stylist). Then, on Monday, we’re shooting my cookies for the launch of Cybele’s Free-to-Eat! So excited to almost be able to share the cookies with you! To that project, we’re adding my brilliant designer, Yael Miller, who is responsible for the new look of this site. I think she did a great job. We’re still working out the kinks, so if you run into any hiccups, please let us know, so we can fix them.
Thanks for all your great recipe links this past week! Some great gluten-free and/or allergy-friendly recipes from last week’s Allergy-Friendly Friday roundup were:
- Turmeric – Dhal from Gluten Free SCD and Veggie
- Raw Vegan Valentine Cookies from The Healing Kitchen
- Homemade Marshmallows and Chocolate on a Stick from Home Grown Beanes
- Chestnuts and Brussel Sprouts from Low Amine Recipes
I’m not sure how it’s happened again, but Allergy-Friendly Friday has almost turned into Allergy-Friendly Saturday, which certainly doesn’t have the same ring. Forgive me. I’m ushering it in, by the skin of my teeth.
Please come back Monday, I’ve got a fun surprise for you! In the meantime, some great Allergy-Friendly recipes from last week’s Allergy-Friendly Friday roundup were:
- Quick Creamy Caesar Dressing (egg, dairy, gluten, sugar, grain, and soy-free) from Diet, Dessert and Dogs
- Rosemary Raisin Crisps (love the combo!) from Against all Grain
- Blood Orange and Ginger Drizzle Cake from The Intolerant Gourmet
- Chamomile + Honey = a bowl of soul (indeed) from The Tasty Alternative
Last week, I asked that you let me know about other Linky events/parties you like participating in, and I promised to share them, in addition to this weeks’ Allergy Friendly Friday highlights. Here are the Linky events you all told me you love.
- The Allergy Friendly Lunchbox Love link party every Friday at Allergy-Free Vintage Cookery.
- A NEW linky party starting Wednesdays, “Allergy-Free Wednesdays”, from The Willing Cook, and Real Food, Allergy Free.
- Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays on Simply Sugar and Gluten Free.
- Wellness Weekends linky event, every Thursday-Monday on Diet, Dessert and Dogs.
- Made from Scratch Monday on Living with Food Allergies and Celiac Disease.
- The Living Well Blog Hop from Common Sense Home.
I’m excited to visit them all, aren’t you??? Now, onto the highlights from last week. Speaking of which, some people aren’t linking their recipes back here, which breaks my heart, because it means I can’t feature your awesome recipe. Just remember to link back, and I can share the love. Some great Allergy-Friendly recipes from last week’s Allergy-Friendly Friday roundup were:
- Seed-Sational Paleo Breakfast Bars from Fresh4Five
- Gluten-Free Vegan Mini Pot Pies from the Healing Kitchen
- Easy Exotic Fruit Salad from The Hypothyroid Athlete’s Kitchen
- Hasselback Potatoes (like Elizabeth? No, JK) from The Rice of Life
Please add your allery-free and/or gluten-free recipe links to Allergy-Friendly Friday. PLEASE remember you have to link back from your post, for me to feature your recipe. That means link WITH A HYPERLINK THAT LINKS BACK HERE. When you link back to this post, you can share both your own and other’s fabulous allergy-friendly recipes. Am I repeating myself? And remember, I specialize in creating gluten-free recipes that are free of the top 8 food allergens, but yours don’t have to be. They just have to be allergy-friendly in SOME way.
ALLERGY-FRIENDLY FRIDAY LINK GUIDELINES: PLEASE READ!
- Please add only ONE post per blog.
- Please LINK back to this post so that your readers can find ALL the recipes linked to here. This is a sharing page.
- Link to your individual recipe post, NOT your homepage.
- Recipes DO NOT have to be completely allergen-free, just ALLERGY-FRIENDLY in some way.
- When you link, let us know who you are. For example, I might add old fashioned gingersnaps (cybele @cybelepascal.com)
THANK GOD IT’S ALLERGY-FRIENDLY FRIDAY, AGAIN!
Last Friday, we kicked off Allergy Friendly Friday with a bang! I was delighted by how many links were shared, and really excited to see how many people are doing allergy-friendly blogging!
It’s great to find new recipes, hear your stories, and tips for cooking allergy-free. For those of us on restricted diets, coming up with new inspiration day in and day out, can be a daunting task. So, thank you all for sharing your lovely links here. I encourage you to do so as often as you like. And remember, I specialize in creating gluten-free recipes that are free of the top 8 food allergens, but yours don’t have to be. They just have to be allergy-friendly in SOME way.
All the recipes from last Friday were outstanding. They were all highlights! A few of the recipes I’ll be trying out first are: