Allergy Friendly Friday
I’m a little surprised that not one single one of you had a thing to say about my Pumpkin Sunbutter Soup. Don’t be shy. Did you love it or hate it? Yay, or Boo? I’ll be just as happy if you tell me you hate the concept as if you tell me it’s delish! Alright, don’t tell me what you think of my soup, but at least tell me what you’re doing with pumpkin and all the other winter squash this season. I really do want to know!
I can now announce the special guest at the FAAN Walk for Food Allergy. This won’t mean anything to you if you don’t have kids, but if you do: It’s Kenton Duty, Disney star of Shake it Up! My kids are HUGE fans. Kenton has become a Celebrity Ambassador who Cares for FAAN. He has food allergies, as does his father. Above is a picture of Kenton and my boys, when we went to see a taping of Shake it Up!
Kenton is a real inspiration to kids with food allergies, and a very special person. In his free time at Shake it Up, when he’s not taping, he’s interning to learn about being a director and TV writer. Who does that at 16? I’m impressed. Kenton will also be at the Teen Summit for FAAN.
One more little plug for the Los Angeles FAAN Walk for Food Allergy, of which I am honorary chair. If you’d like to donate to this important cause, I’m on Team Kylie K, along with Lennon and Monte. Any small amount helps.
Now, onto the food! A few highlights from last week’s spectacular round up of Allergy Friendly recipes were:
- Sweet Potato Waffles (I really like the writing at this blog, as well as the recipes, and fyi, the blogger is a pro-skier!) from The Adventures of Pip
- Dense and Chewy Pumpkin Cookies from Domestic Diva
- Pumkin Pie Smoothie from she let them eat cake
- Tomato Basil Pizza with Cauliflower Crust from Recipes to Nourish
- And I’m going to give an honorable mention to Allergy Chef Joel Schaefer’s Breaded Turkey Cutlets, even though he didn’t link up, because we love his food and he’s so awesome
Please note that the name of this linky event is “Allergy Friendly Friday“. I see many listing it as “Allergy Free Friday”. That it is, but it’s also “FRIENDLY”. As always, PLEASE remember you have to link back from your post, for me to feature your recipe (except with the one exception I made today). That means link WITH A HYPERLINK THAT LINKS BACK HERE. Please add your links for this week. Please link back to this post so you can share both your own and other’s fabulous allergy-friendly recipes. Am I repeating myself? And remember, I specialize in creating gluten-free recipes that are free of the top 8 food allergens, but yours don’t have to be. They just have to be allergy-friendly in SOME way.
ALLERGY-FRIENDLY FRIDAY LINK GUIDELINES: PLEASE READ!
- Please add only ONE post per blog.
- Please LINK back to this post so that your readers can find ALL the recipes linked to here. This is a sharing page.
- Link to your individual recipe post, NOT your homepage.
- Recipes DO NOT have to be completely allergen-free, just ALLERGY-FRIENDLY in some way.
- When you link, let us know who you are. For example, I might add old fashioned gingersnaps (cybele @cybelepascal.com)