Allergy Friendly Friday
Our team in the Kitchen at the GF/AF EXPO Dallas: Chef Castano Penn, Chef Denise O’Dean SanFilippo, and Chef David Shaw
Last Friday, I traveled to Dallas for the Gluten and Allergen-Free Expo and Vendor Fair, which was a smashing success, with over 2000 visitors passing through the vendor fair, and all the cooking classes extremely well attended. I spent a good 10 hours baking and cooking in the kitchen you see pictured above, and quite literally never left the hotel once all weekend! I walked through the doors at 4:00pm on Friday, and walked out at 1:00pm Sunday, got back in my rental car, and drove back to the airport. It was a great weekend, but a crying shame I never got to see a glimpse of the city, particularly since both my maternal grandparents were from Texas, albeit, Amarillo, which they always described as “dust-bowl”.
I had a wonderful time teaching my holiday cooking class on Sunday morning, with a rowdy bunch of Gluten-free Allergy-free folks at 9:00am. We ate sweet potato pie, and drank rum-spiked allergy-free egg nog, and a good time was had by all. I also met a lot of lovely new readers at the book table. It’s always so wonderful to meet people who I speak to online, in person… to put a face to the name. I have another upcoming event I’d like to plug for a moment.
The FAAN Walk for Food Allergy in Los Angeles is coming up, on Sunday, October 23rd. Please join us if you are local. Sign up to walk here. I’m honorary Chair, and will be signing books (all proceeds go to FAAN). The Backbeats will be performing, and there will be a special appearance by a special person I can’t yet name. But he’s special to the kids, and by kids I mean the little ones and the big ones.
It was kind of nice to go two weeks with Allergy Friendly Friday, because check out all the amazing links! A few highlights from last two weeks of Allergy Friendly Friday were:
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Smoothie (um, how could I NOT feature this recipe?) from Veggie V’s Vegan Adventure
- Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Pizza Muffins (or this one?) from Gluten Free Easily (GFE)
- Biscoff Buttercream (or this one??) from Home Grown Beanes
- Gluten-Free Vegan Carrot Cake Cupcakes (OMG, I shouldn’t write these posts when I’m this hungry!!!) from The Healing Kitchen.
Thank you so much for linking up so nicely. Please note that the name of this linky event is “Allergy Friendly Friday”. I see many listing it as “Allergy Free Friday”. That it is, but it’s also “FRIENDLY”. As always, PLEASE remember you have to link back from your post, for me to feature your recipe. WITH A HYPERLINK THAT LINKS BACK HERE. Please add your links for this week. Please link back to this post so you can share both your own and other’s fabulous allergy-friendly recipes. Am I repeating myself? And remember, I specialize in creating gluten-free recipes that are free of the top 8 food allergens, but yours don’t have to be. They just have to be allergy-friendly in SOME way.
ALLERGY-FRIENDLY FRIDAY LINK GUIDELINES: PLEASE READ!
- Please add only ONE post per blog.
- Please LINK back to this post so that your readers can find ALL the recipes linked to here. This is a sharing page.
- Link to your individual recipe post, NOT your homepage.
- Recipes DO NOT have to be completely allergen-free, just ALLERGY-FRIENDLY in some way.
- When you link, let us know who you are. For example, I might add old fashioned gingersnaps (cybele @cybelepascal.com)